Not that we want to be bossy or something, we just want to help you to sleep better. And in order to do that, you need to realize that there are certain things, you should not do before going to sleep. Well, you can continue doing them, however, you will find it hard to fall asleep afterwards.
If you do not believe, then see for yourself!
- Using your mobile phone or other technical devices right before going to sleep. The lights from them can stimulate your brain and so make it harder for you to fall asleep.
- Eating sweets before bedtime. Sweets will lower the level of ghrelin which is said to be helpful for falling asleep.
- You take a hot bath. Which you probably consider perfectly great before going to bed, however, it does not help you fall asleep at all!
- Having a flu or cold pill. You should not take the ones that contain pseudoephedrine.
- Drinking decaff and thinking that it will do no harm. It will, even decaff contains some caffeine.
- Drinking alcohol. Well, we know that you will probably not stop drinking now, however, try not to drink in order to fall asleep.